Surrealism= bringing your dreams to life.
Media's to choose from include:
Create a surreal artwork based on a dream you have had. It must be something that is truly surreal and couldn't actually happen. This project will be a total creation from your mind. You may use multiple media's if you would like.
How to get surrealism ideas for art:
Here are a few examples of ways to brainstorm ideas. These can help make the thinking process much easier.
1. Combine an inanimate object and a living object.
2. Combine two or more living object.
3. Combine a landscape with a living object.
4. Combine a landscape with technology.
5. Combine something living with a technology or mechanics.
6. Make an object bigger than it would ever be in real life.
7. Make an object smaller than it would ever be in real life.
8. Remove an item from a set in always belongs to.
9. Try automatism; don't get any ideas at all.
Automatism is a type of surreal art where you start drawing without a plan. The idea is to cut past your conscious through straight into your subconscious. For this type of art, it's best to use a really simple medium, like pencil on paper, so you don't get distracted by fancy techniques.