Portrait of Admiration
For this portrait drawing, you will choose a person of admiration. This can be anyone that you admire. Make sure you have multiple reasons that you admire this person, as you will be asked to write a short essay about them.
- On Google image click on "search tools" then click on "size" and choose "large"
- Air drop the photo to me. My laptop has a snow flake icon, it is MacBook (153).
- Once your photo is printed and given to you, you need to grid the image into one inch squares
- Get a piece of newsprint and draw out another one inch grid. (remember to count how many squares you have so you don't draw more than you need.)
- Using a PENCIL draw your portrait onto the newsprint. Remember: DO NOT add shading (it won't transfer), and DO NOT erase the grid, only what you trace will transfer.
- Once your drawing is complete in pencil, transfer it onto good paper.
- Add colored pencil to the drawing. Use the shading techniques you practiced.