Graffiti (plural of graffito: "a graffito", but "these graffiti") are writing or drawings that have been scribbled, scratched, or painted illicitly on a wall or other surface, often within public view. Graffiti range from simple written words to elaborate wall paintings, and they have existed since ancient times, with examples dating back to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and the Roman Empire.
In modern times, paint (particularly spray paint) and marker pens have become the most commonly used graffiti materials. In most countries, marking or painting property without the property owner's permission is considered defacement and vandalism, which is a punishable crime.
Ancient graffito at Kom Ombo Temple, Egypt
Art vs. Vandalism
Graffiti Your Name
- Graffiti your name/appropriate nickname
- Use types of Line and variations of line to complete the composition
- Words must be LARGE, filling the paper
- Must have a background (try to think outside the box)
- You may add sharpie after ALL of your design is done.
Graded Based Upon:
- Filling of the page
- Use of Line
- Creative background
- Time management
Here are some examples of graffiti fonts. You can do a Google image search for Graffiti Fonts.